Hi!

Hi! Welcome to my work in progress attempt to join the 21st century and become a "blogger"! Be sure to check out my etsy shop featuring hand knit original accessories and photo props...

http://www.knitzandfeltz.etsy.com

~Cindy
KnitzAndFeltz
Warm... Comfy... Trendy... Fun...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crab Quiche

Next to spending time with my family (which is by far my #1 favorite thing to do) and working on my knitting business creating, designing and knitting photo props to help photographers capture lasting memories... I love to cook!  Weird, maybe, but I love reading cookbooks and trying new recipes.  Such was the case about a week ago when I found this recipe for Crab Quiche in a "Taste Of Home" magazine and tried it at the urging of my daughter.  And, I'm happy to report, it turned out... DELICIOUS!

  • 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
  • 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
  • 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1 Tbls. butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 11/2 cups half-and-half cream
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 3/4 cup flaked imitation crabmeat, chopped
1. Line unpricked pastry shell with double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust.
2. Reduce heat to 375. In a skillet, saute red pepper and onions in butter until tender.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, red pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Pour into crust.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.

Enjoy!

No comments: