Hi!

Hi! Welcome to my work in progress attempt to join the 21st century and become a "blogger"! Be sure to check out my etsy shop featuring hand knit original accessories and photo props...

http://www.knitzandfeltz.etsy.com

~Cindy
KnitzAndFeltz
Warm... Comfy... Trendy... Fun...

Sunday, February 18, 2018

What's In A Name?

Looking back it is hard to believe I have been selling on Etsy for 10 years already!  I can remember as if it was yesterday the feeling I had when I listed my very first hand knit scarf in my shop.  And, my first sale? Oh. My. Goodness.  Hundreds of sales, dozens of custom orders and ten years later, I am still honored and humbled with each and every sale!

But, what's in a name? I clearly remember agonizing over what I should name my shop... Do I go with something snazzy/random OR do I keep it simple using the name to indicate what it is I create and sell?  Going with KnitzAndFeltz worked. 

Bringing me to another dilemma.  I really don't find myself felting anymore. My shop is filled with hand knit items, photo props and pretty yarn bundles for others to create with.  Okay. Not a problem. The name still fits.

But, what if I decide to add in some sewn items?  I have always loved to sew and find myself drawn to beautiful fabrics which can be made into items we can use and make us feel happy when we see them.  Right now I plan to add items to help mom's and newborns but will I find I really want to add more sewing items?  And, do I add a second shop at some point or just keep with the one?

Lastly, do I change my shop name?   

No comments: