Hi!

Hi! Welcome to my work in progress attempt to join the 21st century and become a "blogger"! Be sure to check out my etsy shop featuring hand knit original accessories and photo props...

http://www.knitzandfeltz.etsy.com

~Cindy
KnitzAndFeltz
Warm... Comfy... Trendy... Fun...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blueberry Bran Muffins


In less than 3 weeks my youngest will be heading off to college and I will officially become an “empty nester”. When that day comes (and after I clean the pantry and fridge) I have promised myself to: lose weight ~ get active ~ eat healthier!

In my attempt to prepare for this I discovered this recipe and it is delicious!

Blueberry Bran Muffins

1 ½ cups wheat bran
1 cup nonfat milk
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
2/3 cup brown sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
½ cup flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 375. Grease 12 muffin cups. Mix wheat bran & milk in small bowl and allow to stand while mixing other ingredients. In a large bowl mix all other ingredients EXCEPT the blueberries. Stir in wheat bran & milk. Fold in blueberries. Bake 15-20 minutes or until done in the center. ENJOY!

No comments: