Hi!

Hi! Welcome to my work in progress attempt to join the 21st century and become a "blogger"! Be sure to check out my etsy shop featuring hand knit original accessories and photo props...

http://www.knitzandfeltz.etsy.com

~Cindy
KnitzAndFeltz
Warm... Comfy... Trendy... Fun...

Monday, March 9, 2009

Incredible Etsy Artist Series


When I spend time surfing through "Etsyland" as I like to call it, I am always amazed at the many, many talented artists. I had hoped to do a weekly "feature artist" but my time is not always my own (or the computer for that matter!) and thus I have scrapped that idea. I do hope, though, to feature someone amazing as often as is possible with my schedule. This first artist I will feature is a soap artist ~ sculpting absolutely beautiful and stunning pieces using soap. I have never seen anything like it, and I am truly captivated.

Diana is a stay at home mother of 2 who has been crafting since she was a child. She began crafting with soap approximately 2 years ago, designing and creating very unique soap favors for weddings, showers, etc. Her very first soap creation was the Calla Lily soap favor and says that the callas are her absolute favorite! Diana says she is amazed at how far soap can go. "This is only the beginning for me. Many more soap creations are on their way! I absolutely love what I do and am thrilled by the opportunity to help make special events so very memorable." says Diana.

I, for one, can't wait to see what new soap sculptures Diana will create. It is quite obvious that Diana takes a great deal of time in detail and has great pride in her work. Thank you, Diana, for sharing such an amazing talent with us!

Be sure to check out Diana's shop at:
http://www.enchantingsoapfavors.etsy.com/


5 comments:

hollyzhobby said...

Absolutely amazing, beautiful creations.

paperpennyrug said...

Wow - that is amazing! Really beautiful! I'm glad I read your blog to see this sculptured soap!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are stunning! Who knew you could do something like that with soap?!

Thanks for sharing!

Audrey said...

Diana is having a give away on one of my blogs:
http://audreyscountrycraftsgiveaway.blogspot.com

Please come and enter for a calla lily soap!!

Anonymous said...

OMG...those are so awesome...wow!